ATHENS – MARATHON- EPIDAVROS- MYCENAE – DELPHI 7 DAYS
ATHENS – MARATHON- EPIDAVROS- MYCENAE – DELPHI 7 DAYS
Welcome to the one and unique and authentic Marathon race of Athens. Run the original ancient route across the Attica’s landscape and let us organize all the details for the race from the moment you will arrive in Athens airport till the time you will reach the exit line of the Marathon race. Enjoy a special designed trip to meet also Epidauros, Mycenae and Delphi, to taste authentic Greek food and take superb photos. An unforgettable experience for both marathon runners and their friends, in Greece; the land where Marathon race was created!
Day 1 5/11
Arrival in Athens airport and transfer to the hotel, relax, stay in or have a first encounter with Athens center. After lunch take a walking tour around Syntagma square for sightseeing and shopping. Discover the heartbeat of a historical but also modern city and enjoy shopping at the elegant city center shops.
For the afternoon, we highly recommend to try the Ottoman Hammam; relax in the imposing steam room and have enjoy a Middle Eastern Mediterranean style massage
We suggest enjoying dinner in an elegant Athens restaurant overlooking the Acropolis. Return back to the hotel by private car.
Welcome to Athens! Ancient, yet vibrant, luminous and spontaneous, full of legends, myths, yet a modern metropolis. Athens is seductive, a visitor's heaven surrounded by beaches and beautiful islands. Discover the heartbeat of a historical but also modern city and enjoy shopping at the elegant city centre shops.
Day 2 6/11
Private sightseeing tour of Athens city center; the Acropolis and the museum of Acropolis. You may also visit the Temple of Zeus, Kallimarmaron Stadium and Panepistimiou Street monumental buildings of new Athenian era. You will have a tour through times, from the Acropolis to the Panathinaiko marble stadium, where the first Olympic games of modern times took place in 1896.
We suggest a lunch break in a traditional tavern in Plaka and try the interesting Mediterranean tastes or in a modern “souvlaki” restaurant nearby to discover what Greeks love eating in anytime of the day!
After lunch stroll through the narrow streets in the old neighborhood of Plaka at the foot of the Acropolis hill. Plaka is the most romantic and well-preserved historical district of the old city of Athens.
Afternoon transfer to the registration center for the Marathon registration procedure.
We suggest to have a relaxed dinner in a Greek restaurant in the neighborhood of Psiri, in a unique environment, Greek fusion tastes and great Greek hospitality
Return back to the hotel.
Visit the ancient city of Athens and its unique monuments, from the world known Acropolis to the Panathinaiko marble stadium, where the first Olympic games of modern times took place in 1896.
Day 3 7/11
After breakfast you will depart for the Attica tour by your private car. You will drive through the northern suburbs to the Marathon Lake to explore the beautiful landscape. Drive to the archaeological site of Marathonas and learn about the ancient battle and the world famous Marathon Race which starts from this place! Later you may have lunch in a seafood tavern at the eastern Attica coast, enjoying your meal on the waterfront. Afternoon drive to Cape Sounio to visit the famous temple of Poseidon and admire a stunning sunset over the Aegean sea!
Evening return back to your hotel and relax.
Experience a unique exploration of Attica and discover the ancient history of Athens’ regional area, admire great landscapes and take dozens of unforgettable pictures.
Day 4 8/11
Athens Classic marathon day.
Athletes run the Marathon race and spectators take their seats at Kallimarmaron stadium in Athens for the race finish.
After the Marathon race free time to relax. Or suggested afternoon visit of Lycabettus hill for the panoramic sunset.
Day 5 9/11
Morning departure by an all comfort private car to Nafplion. On the way you can visit the Ancient Theater of Epidaurus. After you can drive to Mycenae and visit of the important ancient city and the interesting museum. Around noon you will arrive in Nafplion and you may take your lunch at a traditional tavern. In the afternoon you will meet the beautiful city, walking in the picturesque streets and then you will drive back in Athens hotel in the evening.
Meet one of the most sacred places of the ancient world in Epidaurus, where the god of Health was worshiped and walk on the stage of the famous ancient theatre just like actors used to do before 3000 years! Explore the remains of the ancient glorious city of Mycenae including the Lion’s Gate, the mysterious Palace, the so called Agamemnon’s Tomb and see all those places hymned by Homer in his epic poems. Discover Nafplion, the first capital city of modern Greece and one of the best preserved historic cities of Europe, walk by the beautiful neoclassic mansions and the narrow streets.
Day 6 10/11
Morning journey to Delphi by private car. Visit the “navel” of the ancient world, the archaeological site and the Museum. Make a quick stop in Arachova village for pictures and some shopping; local products are famous! Then continue down the mountain to the picturesque port of Galaxidi on your way back to Athens. For dinner, why not try the world famous Greek souvlaki? Find all the secret spots that Athenians prefer when it comes to it…
Visit Delphi, the center of the Ancient world and a unique archaeological site. See the impeccable statue of the Iniohos (The Horseman) in Delphi museum and enjoy a beautiful trip in the mountainous landscape of mainland Greece.
2 persons/3,463 € per person
4 persons/2,509 € per person
6 persons/2,191 € per person
THE OFFER INCLUDES
- Six nights accommodation in Athens at 5* Grande Bretagne Hotel in deluxe double room
- All transfers/tours by private luxury 9 seater Mercedes minivan including all expenses in all destinations. Mandarin speaking guide will be the driver.
- Full time concierge service by a mandarin speaking companion including all expenses & tips
- Visit of Acropolis site and museum including English speaking guide and entrance fees
- Visit of Archaeological museum of Marathon including English speaking guide and entrance fees
- Visit of Sounio site including entrance fees
- Visit of Epidaurus site including English speaking guide and entrance fees
- Visit of Mycenae site & museum including English speaking guide and entrance fees
- Visit of Delphi site and museum including English speaking guide and entrance fees
THE OFFER DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International and domestic flights
- Drinks, meals and beverages
- Optional and suggested activities
- Any other services not mentioned above
- Rates are per person
- All services are subject to availability
- Α 50% deposit per person of the total cost of the customized journey is required at the time of booking, which counts towards the cost of your trip.
- Balance is due 30 days prior to departure. If balance is not paid up to that date, the trip will be cancelled.
- If the reservation is made within 30 days before departure, the entire amount of the cost of the trip must be paid at the time of confirmation. Failure to provide full payment according to above outlined schedules will result in cancellation of the Trip, and no refund of payments made to date will be granted.
- Payments can be accepted:
Α. By bank transfer to My Odyssey’s international bank accounts
B. By any major international credit card. In this case there will be a surcharge of 1,8% for VISA credit cards, 1,9% for MASTERCARD, 2,7% for UNIONPAY and 3% for AMERICAN EXPRESS credit cards.
- 45 days or more before departure will be subject to 50% of the deposit/per person cancellation fee.
- 44-30 days before departure will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the Customized Trip price.
- 29-0 days before departure will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the Customized Trip price.
- An additional 400 Euro non-refundable fee applies for implementing major itinerary changes requested by My Odyssey guests after the contract has been signed by the guest and customized trip itinerary has been finalized and confirmed by both My Odyssey and its guests.