ATHENS – EPIDAURUS – OLYMPIA – DELPHI – METEORA
7 DAYS – 6 NIGHTS
ATHENS – EPIDAURUS – OLYMPIA – DELPHI – METEORA
Greece is beautiful and fascinating not only during the summer months. And there is much more to see than the Aegean islands. Follow this trip and discover the untouched beauty of Greek mainland travelling through a landscape surprisingly vivid and beautiful. Behind deep rivers there are flower-filled valleys that end to spread, sandy coasts. Behind rocky islands there are mountains with deep green forests, behind endless fields of hay there are big lakes full of rare birds and wildlife. From Athens antiquities and Sounio sunsets to Epidaurus theatre, from the birthplace of the Olympic games to the stunning valley of Delfi and from the picturesque coasts of central Greece to Meteora byzantine monasteries hanging on those colossal rocks, this itinerary in a spectacular combination for the real traveler! Every season you will discover a new country: Greece!
Day 1 Welcome to Athens, the modern city with the great historic background
Welcome to Athens! Ancient, yet vibrant, luminous and spontaneous, full of legends, myths, yet a modern metropolis. Athens is seductive, a visitor's heaven surrounded by beaches and beautiful islands.
Upon arrival, you will be transferred to the hotel, were you can relax, stay in or have a first encounter with Athens center.
In the afternoon, we suggest to have a walking tour around Syntagma square for sightseeing and shopping. Discover the heartbeat of a historical but also modern city and enjoy shopping at the elegant city center shops.
We also suggest enjoying dinner in an elegant Athens restaurant overlooking the Acropolis. Return back to the hotel by private car.
- OPTION : Flavors of Athens tour to taste appetizing treats that locals enjoy as part of their daily routine.
Day 2 Athens sightseeing…
After breakfast you will have a tour through time: take a private sightseeing tour of Athens city center; the Acropolis and the museum of Acropolis, the Temple of Zeus, Kallimarmaron Stadium and Panepistimiou Street monumental buildings of new Athenian era. Visit Panathinaiko marble stadium, where the first Olympic games of modern times took place in 1896.
We propose to have lunch in Plaka area and try the famous “souvlaki”. In the afternoon, you can drive to Cape Sounio. Make a wonderful tour along the Attica coasts, visit Poseidon’s temple and enjoy one of the most dramatic sunsets in Greece.
In the evening return back to Athens hotel by private car.
- OPTION: Athens Gourmet cooking lessons. Discover what cooking like an Athenian chef is like and to learn about local culinary traditions.
You will participate in every stage, including the preparation of a perfect Greek meal, after which you will enjoy the fruits of your efforts in a private and comfortable setting with lovely company.
- OPTION: Athens Photo Safari, customized photography tour with professional photographer. Discover the most visually exciting places of Athens at your own pace with our professional photographer who will help you enhance your photography skills, unlock your creativity and show you the most interesting photography spots off the beaten track.
- OPTION: Athens unique and unexpected shopping tour! Visit selected upscale independent stores, each with a special character and story, offering beautiful clothing, shoes, artifacts, souvenirs, jewellery, accessories and cosmetics as well as delicatessen products.
Day 3 Discover Nafplio, one of the best preserved historic cities of Europe.
After breakfast, you will depart by an all comfort private car to Nafplio.
On the way you will visit the Ancient Theater of Epidaurus. Meet one of the most sacred places of the ancient world, where the god of Health was worshiped and walk on the stage of the famous ancient theatre just like actors used to do 3.000 years before! We suggest you to take your lunch at a traditional village tavern in Ligourio, tasting the famous roasted meats on the spit.
After lunch, discover Nafplio, the first capital city of modern Greece and one of the best preserved historic cities of Europe, walk by the beautiful neoclassic mansions and the picturesque narrow streets.
In the afternoon, you will continue to Olympia. After checking in at the hotel, enjoy your dinner in a local tavern in Olympia village, under the big old plane trees.
Day 4 Olympia, with the famous stadium of the first Olympic Games
After breakfast, visit one of the most famous and important sites of the ancient world, the archaeological site of Olympia. Walk in the stadium where the first Olympic Games in history took place, explore the glorious ancient town and the interesting archeological museum.
We suggest lunch break in a traditional village tavern close to the archaeological site with great view over the valley, special local wine and tasty local dishes.
After lunch, you will departure for Delphi, up to the mountain of Parnassus. After checking in the hotel, you can have an evening walk in Arachova village for pictures and some shopping; local products are famous! We suggest dinner in a traditional tavern in Arachova, with nice view of the village’s streets, great roasted meats and tasty local pies.
Day 5 Delphi, the center of the ancient world
After breakfast visit the “navel”, the center of the ancient world, the museum and the archaeological site in Delphi. See the impeccable statue of Iniohos (The Horseman) in Delphi museum and enjoy a beautiful trip in the mountainous landscape of mainland Greece. We suggest to have a lunch break in Delphi village, at a classic Greek restaurant with tasty casserole dishes and fresh salads. After lunch departure for Meteora. Afternoon arrival at Meteora and check into the hotel in Kalambaka. You may enjoy dinner at a tavern in Kastraki, with a beautiful yard full of flowers in a nice setting and famous menu with local products
Day 6 Meteora, unique landscapes and remarkable view
Morning visit of Meteora rock formations and a tour of the monasteries. The famous Meteora (literally “suspended in the air”) with the colossal rocks that seem as if some preternatural force placed them here; perched atop each of these sculptured giants is a single Orthodox byzantine monastery. Drive through this amazing landscape where monks found a quiet refuge and feel the magic of this surreal scenery!
We suggest lunch break in Kalambaka village, at an old village tavern with great atmosphere and famous souvlaki and kontosouvli (roasted pork on the spit). After lunch you will drive back to Athens. Late afternoon arrival in Athens and check into your hotel. We suggest dinner in a Chinese restaurant.
Day 7 It’s time to go back…
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Athens airport and take your flight to China.
2 persons/3,110 € per person
4 persons/2,063 € per person
6 persons/1,726 € per person
THE OFFER INCLUDES
- Three nights accommodation in Athens at 5* Grande Bretagne Hotel in deluxe double room
- One night accommodation in Olympia at 5* Arty Grand Hotel in suite
- One night accommodation in Arachova at 5* Anemolia Hotel in mini suite
- One night accommodation in Meteora at 5* Divani Meteora Hotel in deluxe double
- All transfers/tours by private luxury 9 seater Mercedes minivan including all expenses in all destinations. Mandarin speaking guide will be the driver.
- Full time concierge service by a mandarin speaking companion including all expenses & tips
- Visit of Acropolis site and museum including English speaking guide and entrance fees
- Visit of Sounio site including entrance fees
- Visit of Epidaurus site including English speaking guide and entrance fees
- Visit of Olympia site and museum including English speaking guide and entrance fees
- Visit of Delphi site and museum including English speaking guide and entrance fees
- Visit of 2 monasteries in Meteora including English speaking guide and entrance fees
THE OFFER DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International and domestic flights
- Drinks, meals and beverages
- Optional and suggested activities
- Any other services not mentioned above
- Rates are per person
- All services are subject to availability
- Α 50% deposit per person of the total cost of the customized journey is required at the time of booking, which counts towards the cost of your trip.
- Balance is due 30 days prior to departure. If balance is not paid up to that date, the trip will be cancelled.
- If the reservation is made within 30 days before departure, the entire amount of the cost of the trip must be paid at the time of confirmation. Failure to provide full payment according to above outlined schedules will result in cancellation of the Trip, and no refund of payments made to date will be granted.
- Payments can be accepted:
Α. By bank transfer to My Odyssey’s international bank accounts
B. By any major international credit card. In this case there will be a surcharge of 1,8% for VISA credit cards, 1,9% for MASTERCARD, 2,7% for UNIONPAY and 3% for AMERICAN EXPRESS credit cards.
- 45 days or more before departure will be subject to 50% of the deposit/per person cancellation fee.
- 44-30 days before departure will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the Customized Trip price.
- 29-0 days before departure will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the Customized Trip price.
- An additional 400 Euro non-refundable fee applies for implementing major itinerary changes requested by My Odyssey guests after the contract has been signed by the guest and customized trip itinerary has been finalized and confirmed by both My Odyssey and its guests.