ATHENS CRETE SANTORINI 8N
Greek culinary art offers a great variety of foods and beverages, the culmination of literally thousands of years of cooking and eating culture. This trip offers you the opportunity to experience this tasty history through different ways. From attending a cooking class inside an authentic Athenian house to having a food tour in the vivid and colorful Athens market in order to taste and smell all those unique ingredients. Do not miss the chance to visit the famous Cretan vineyards to experience organic farming and try fresh vegetables. Find out the superb local products of Santorini- the fava beans, the small tomatoes, the wines, the fresh seafood- with a famous chef. Explore the island and its rich culture, from a special dinner overlooking the caldera panorama to tasting freshly grilled shrimps on the deck of a yacht in the caldera. This trip will let you discover that Greek food creates another exciting reason to explore this unique country.
Day 1 Welcome to Athens!
Arrival and transfer to the hotel, relax, stay in or have a first encounter with Athens center.
After lunch you will have a tour through time: take a private sightseeing tour of Athens city center; the Acropolis and the museum of Acropolis, the Temple of Zeus, Kallimarmaron Stadium and Panepistimiou Street monumental buildings of new Athenian era. Visit Panathinaikon marble stadium, where the first Olympic games of modern times took place in 1896.
We suggest enjoying your dinner in an elegant Athens restaurant overlooking the Acropolis. Return back to the hotel by private car.
- OPTION : Flavors of Athens tour to taste appetizing treats that locals enjoy as part of their daily routine.
Day 2 Welcome to Crete, the famous island of Myths, full of history, traditions and rich culture.
After breakfast, you will depart from your hotel to Athens airport by a comfort private car. Flight to Heraklion in the island of Crete and check in at your hotel. In the afternoon you can visit by private car the Archanes Village to admire its unique preserved architecture and see its interesting Folk Museum Fabrica, the Archaeological site in the old Turkish area. Enjoy your dinner in a traditional Cretan tavern where you can taste special dishes from the village cuisine and in the evening return back to your hotel.
Day 3 Dive in Nature and Culture
After breakfast you can have a 3 hours tour in an organic farm combined with light lunch. “Dive” in nature to study crop conditions directly on the spot. Develop your own impressions about details of various crops of our daily life... vegetables, herbs, wild greens, fruits... all those foods that come from producers on our plate. Meet farmers, eat and drink with them, become friends..
In the afternoon drive to Knossos Palace by private car. Discover the Minoan Palace to explore the world known Labyrinth of the Minotaur; see the golden bulls, the prehistoric frescoes and the exclusive findings in the Palace.
Then visit Heraklion archaeological museum, have a short walking tour of the city center for shopping and then you may enjoy your dinner in an elegant restaurant in Heraklion.
- OPTION: Afternoon visit of a Cretan winery located at the famous wine region of Peza, close to Archanes village. Taste the local varieties and learn about one of the oldest vineyards of Europe!
- OPTION: Special Cretan cooking course. We invite you to cook, taste and enjoy local recipes and prepare delicious dishes with the guidance and assistance of our local cooker.
Day 4 Welcome to Santorini! The island with the most spectacular caldera of the world, with the astonishing landscape, the unique cuisine and the thousands years old civilization.
After breakfast, you will depart from your hotel by private car to Heraklion harbor and travel to Santorini by regular speedboat. Upon arrival at Athinios harbor, drive up to Fira and transfer to a nice boutique hotel. Have a rest and enjoy the atmosphere. Enjoy an afternoon walking tour of Oia in a slow pace watching the world known sunset and magnificent views. You may have dinner in one of the elegant restaurants of Oia with great sunset view.
Day 5 Let’s explore Santorini’s culture
Morning visit to Akrotiri Archaeological site. Visit at the well preserved prehistoric settlement and see how life was going on before the volcano explosion. Learn about the rich island’s civilization, its history and culture and see the remarkable findings at the archeological museum.
For lunch we propose a traditional Greek tavern at Akrotiri coast, where you can try fresh fish cooked in the traditional Santorini way. In the afternoon visit Fira, see the capital town and maybe do some shopping. You can end your day with a dinner at Fira in an elegant restaurant where you can taste some of the most rare and old Santorini recipes.
- OPTION : Visit of the Museum of prehistoric Thera in Fira
- OPTION : Scuba diving in the caldera, in the spectacular underwater
- OPTION : Canoe kayak at the southern volcanic coasts of the island
- OPTION : Donkey tour in Santorini. Explore the island the same way the locals do for centuries!
Day 6 Santorini, visit wineries and have a cooking lesson
Visit the beautiful vineyards spread on the volcanic soil of the island and discover why Santorini is the origin of some of the best wines in the Mediterranean. Wineries on the island go 3000 years back!
Morning tour of the famous Santorini wineries; start from Boutaris winery, continue with the most interesting wine museum in Koutsogianopoulos winery and finish in Sigalas lovely winery, where some of the best wines in Greece are produced. Later, you may have a light lunch in Ammoudi port, in a nice seafood tavern just on the waterfront. In the afternoon, we suggest to take cooking lessons and taste the local products in Selene Restaurant in Pyrgos village combining this activity with your dinner.
- OPTION : Go shopping for local products at the main food market in Fira. See, smell, taste and choose the best among the products that define the island’s culinary identity.
Day 7 More Santorini! Sailing in the caldera..
Morning visit of the Santo Wines winery, for wine tasting and learning about the famous Santorini cherry tomatoes, which are canned there. Taste the famous small local tomatoes that are renowned for making perfect sauces and many delicacies. You can have lunch in Megalohori village traditional tavern, in the heart of the vineyards of Santorini. Following that, you will take a splendid half-day boat trip at the Caldera with an elegant catamaran, where you could go sailing at secluded beaches, maybe try snorkeling and you may end by enjoying a romantic dinner at sunset with traditional Greek food. Don’t miss the unique experience of sailing in the caldera, swimming by the volcano and dining aboard at sunset. Enjoy the magnificent landscapes of the island, sail around the two volcanoes, swim at the natural hot springs, gather seashells and superb photos!
- OPTION : Fly over the volcano and the caldera by helicopter! Experience a unique way to see the magnificent landscape in an unforgettable flight!
- OPTION : Go trekking round the caldera. If you enjoy trekking, the old historic path between Fira and Oia at the edge of the cliff is a path you should not miss!
- OPTION : Visit of the old medieval villages of Pyrgos and Emborios, walk through the narrow streets and visit an old village house where you can have a traditional Greek coffee among the local people.
Day 8 Just a little bit more of Athens
Transfer from your hotel to Santorini airport and flight back to Athens. After your arrival in Athens you will be transferred and have check in to your hotel. We suggest having a walking tour around Syntagma square for sightseeing and shopping.
We also highly recommend you to try the Ottoman Hammam; relax in the imposing steam room and enjoy a Middle Eastern Mediterranean style massage.
- OPTION : Athens Gourmet cooking lessons. Discover what cooking like an Athenian chef is like and to learn about local culinary traditions.
You will participate in every stage, including the preparation of a perfect Greek meal, after which you will enjoy the fruits of your efforts in a private and comfortable setting with lovely company.
- OPTION : Athens Foto Safari, customized photography tour with professional photographer. Discover the most visually exciting places of Athens at your own pace with our professional photographer who will help you enhance your photography skills, unlock your creativity and show you the most interesting photography spots off the beaten track.
- OPTION : Athens unique and unexpected shopping tour! Visit carefully selected upscale independent stores, each with a special character and story, offering beautiful clothing, shoes, artifacts, souvenirs, jewelry, accessories and cosmetics as well as delicatessen products
- OPTION : Afternoon drive to Sounio to visit the magnificent temple of Poseidon in the sunset
2 persons/6,525 € per person
4 persons/5,078 € per person
6 persons/4,598 € per person
THE OFFER INCLUDES
- Two nights accommodation in Athens at 5* Grande Bretagne Hotel in deluxe double room
- Two nights accommodation in Heraklion at 5* Amirandes Resort Hotel in superior double sea view room
- Four nights accommodation in Santorini at 5* Kirini Hotel in senior suite
- All transfers/tours by private luxury 9 seater Mercedes minivan including all expenses in all destinations. Mandarin speaking guide will be the driver.
- Full time concierge service by a mandarin speaking companion including all expenses & tips
- Visit of Acropolis site and museum including English speaking guide and entrance fees
- Visit of archaeological museum in Archanes including entrance fees
- Visit of Knossos site and museum including English speaking guide and entrance fees
- Visit of Akrotiri site including English speaking guide and entrance fees
- Half day semi-private cruise to Caldera and Volcano area on a 41 foot sailing catamaran including dinner and refreshments
- Wine tasting in Boutaris, Koutsogiannopoulos, Sigalas and Santo wine wineries
- Organic farm tour in Crete including guiding, visit to farm, light lunch and one drink per person
- Boat tickets from Heraklion to Santorini by speedboat in vip class
THE OFFER DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International and domestic flights
- Drinks, meals and beverages (except the one mentioned above)
- Optional and suggested activities
- Any other services not mentioned above
- Rates are per person
- All services are subject to availability
DOMESTIC AIR TICKETS
- Reference rate for tickets from Athens to Heraklion and from Santorini to Athens is from 340 to 540 euro per person round trip including all taxes with mandarin speaking guide’ ticket
- Α 50% deposit per person of the total cost of the customized journey is required at the time of booking, which counts towards the cost of your trip.
- Balance is due 30 days prior to departure. If balance is not paid up to that date, the trip will be cancelled.
- If the reservation is made within 30 days before departure, the entire amount of the cost of the trip must be paid at the time of confirmation. Failure to provide full payment according to above outlined schedules will result in cancellation of the Trip, and no refund of payments made to date will be granted.
- Payments can be accepted:
Α. By bank transfer to My Odyssey’s international bank accounts
B. By any major international credit card. In this case there will be a surcharge of 1,8% for VISA credit cards, 1,9% for MASTERCARD, 2,7% for UNIONPAY and 3% for AMERICAN EXPRESS credit cards.
- 45 days or more before departure will be subject to 50% of the deposit/per person cancellation fee.
- 44-30 days before departure will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the Customized Trip price.
- 29-0 days before departure will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the Customized Trip price.
- An additional 400 Euro non-refundable fee applies for implementing major itinerary changes requested by My Odyssey guests after the contract has been signed by the guest and customized trip itinerary has been finalized and confirmed by both My Odyssey and its guests.